From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-05 17:13:11

Rather than concentrating on just directory structure, I'd like to see
John's proposal expanded to include other issues relating to Boost growing,
and better serving library users. Many of the requirements and other
aspects of these issues are already addressed in John's proposal, so
extending it might not be unreasonable, and would give us a blueprint for
the future.

These seem to me to be at least these closely related issues:

* Directory Structure.
* Install support.
* Build support.
* Test support.
* Namespace and sub-namespaces.
* Mailing lists.
* Domain Libraries (cutting across the other issues.)
* A much larger number of libraries.

Put it another way, how do we handle something like adding a numerics
domain to Boost? Assume the numerics domain is itself made up of many
libraries. What would or should the directory structure and namespaces look
like?

Is the scheme flexible enough to someday morph the numerics domain into a
root (or base) numerics domain with several sub-domains?

--Beman