From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-11 10:05:10

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Stephen Cleary wrote:
shamma> What *I* would like to see, though, is more efficient binary-search-
shamma> style algorithms (lower_bound, binary_search, etc). The problem is

Another improvement that could be made to the binary search algorithms is
that they should be written to a tree (or binary tree) interface instead
of a random access iterator interface. The random access iterator
interface is really too low-level (really just an array interface) and
wipes out much reusability. Similarly with the heap algorithms. You can
get an idea for what I mean from the following paper:

  http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/mayfly_plop99.pdf

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Univ. of Notre Dame work phone: (219) 631-3906