From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-19 19:06:29

At 06:33 PM 1/19/2001 -0500, Jeffrey D. Paquette wrote:

>Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> FYI,
>>
>> I've blocked posts until I get confirmation from MS that he is who he
>says he is.
>>
>> In any case, if you do reply to him, please do so privately.
>>
>> --Beman
>>
>> >David Wolfram
>> >Program Manager, Visual C++ Compiler Team
>
>Why? And why not answer his questions? If this were usenet, I'd worry
about
>a troll, but I think it's unnecessary to worry about it.

You are probably right, but I had some private email indicating concern and
decided to be conservative. And if the query is legitimate, I would hope
people will respond. But privately; anyone who reads this list already
knows of the library compatibility problems caused by VC++'s lack of
partial specialization.

--Beman