From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-21 07:45:03

>The issues I've had are simply over-eager or downright wrong concept
checks
being applied to STL functions. To wit, std::copy insists that its
OutputIterator argument satisfy the OutputIterator concept -- fine in and
of itself -- but somehow the OutputIterator concept includes a requirement
that a copying op= (i.e. OutputIterator &operator=(const OutputIterator
&rhs)) be defined. This is, as far as I can tell, wrong. It needs a copy
constructor, but I don't think it should need a copying op=.
<

Output iterators must be assignable - see table 72 in the standard.

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/