From: Paul Moore (gustav_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-21 17:33:27

On 15 Jan 2001, at 21:43, Stephen Silver wrote:

> I've written a program that runs a hundred or so simple tests on
> boost::rational. In addition to the operator< bugs that I posted
> yesterday, this test program found problems with lcm() (sometimes
> returns negative numbers, and lcm(0,0) causes division by zero),
> and with operator>> (input errors not always handled correctly).
> I've uploaded the test program to:
>
> http://www.argentum.freeserve.co.uk/cpp/rational.zip

This is nice. Would you have any objections to me including it in
the rational library, as a regression test? I'll also fix the problems it
raised.

There were a number of issues with MSVC. One was that

    using boost::gcd;
    ... gcd<inttype>(1,2) ...

didn't work. I changed it to

    ... boost::gcd<inttype>(1,2) ...

More MSVC breakage for the list?

(Actually, *having* a list of MSVC breakage like this would be
useful. Does anyone have one, and if so, would it be worth
including in boost as reference material? In order to remain
unbiased, it would probably be good to not restrict it to MSVC, but
I expect that to be the worst culprit...)

Paul.