From: bdawes_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-01-26 09:09:35

--- In boost_at_y..., "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_m...> wrote:
> After reading the documentation and browsing the code, I'm still
somewhat
> confused about the purpose of the Program Execution Library. Why is
this
> level necessary?

So that uses in production programs have no dependencies on test
libraries.

There are probably quite a few people who would like to use the
Program Execution Library who don't want to use the Test Library.
Boost will someday have a Unit Test Library, and someone using that
for testing may want a much simpler tool for use in production
programs.

--Beman