From: John E. Potter (jpotter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-01-28 07:58:28

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, David Abrahams wrote:

> [...]

These may be two different subjects. Consider six bit mime encoding. The
function is not monotonic piecewise linear, but it does have an inverse
and it is constant.

What are the uses of 1to1 maps? If they are usually static, the interface
would be nothing like a standard container. I wonder what George had
in mind when he started this thread.

John