From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-01-30 15:45:34

--- In boost_at_y..., Daryle Walker <darylew_at_m...> wrote:
> on 1/29/01 11:29 PM, Bill Kempf at sirwillard_at_m... wrote:
> [SNIP past responses]
> > I'm not totally certain what it is you're trying to do here.
However, I've
> > recently had need for a GC smart pointer and so have worked
with
Thant Tessman
> > (the author of circ_ptr in the files section here) to try and
create a simple,
> > effective and efficient implementation. I started from his
circ_ptr but made
> > extensive modifications to decrease compile time dependencies,
increase
> > algorithm efficiencies, allow "pointers" to polymorphic types
and
members, and
> > to fix a few minor design flaws.
> [TRUNCATE]
>
> I made my own successor to those classes. It should be called
> "mark_sweep_ptr.zip" in the files section. Had you looked at it
when making
> your changes?

No, I hadn't. From the description in the attachment in this thread
it sounds like there are some important improvements in my version
that weren't in yours, but I'll have to evaluate yours soon. Been
busy with the BTL recently but maybe in a day or two I'll have time.

Bill Kempf