From: Paul Selormey (paul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-04 16:24:58

Hello,

> >Without looking at code nor documentation, it seems that you
> want to use std::mem_fun and std::bind1st to achieve
> "callback with this parameter".

I have read the docs very well, and know about std::mem_fun and
std::bind1st uses...

> Otherwise, just define a function object.

...and this...

> Yes there is even an example in the docs, see:
> libs/regex/template_class_ref.htm#reg_grep or
> libs/regex/demo/snippets/snip6.cpp

... and have seen this too.

I understand the whole boost effort is about standard library.
However, I am working currently on an MFC component, and the users
require level 4 compilation.
To achieve this without extensive use of #prama(...) in the VC++6.0,
I try to avoid the standard stuff. The regexp++ headers are included
in my precompiled header enclosed in #prama(...).
The last time I compiled the Regexp++ with the level 4 (before the
boost effort and have reported this to you), I had over 5000 warnings!
My humble request was for us to work with the old method of callback,
instead of the new standard stuff.

Thank you,
Paul.