From: Paul Moore (gustav_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-05 15:28:25
I've uploaded a new version of the rational numbers library to the
boost vault (folder rational, file rational_2001-02-05.zip). I'd
appreciate it if someone with CVS access could update the CVS
repository for me.
Highlights of this version:
1. Much updated documentation, including sections on rationale
(which may help explain some of the issues behind the other
changes below) and performance (giving some indications for users-
of user-defined integer types).
2. Reworked abs() which no longer relies on Koenig lookup (see
the rationale for details).
3. Updated operator>>, enforcing stricter format checks.
4. Includes Stephen Silver's regression test program (updated
somewhat). In the longer term I intend to look at the Boost testing
5. Many updates for efficiency. However, the use of std::swap() in
gcd() as an optimisation, which was previously discussed on the
list, has been dropped (although it is still available if the user
defines a macro symbol, BOOST_RATIONAL_USE_STD_SWAP) -
see the rationale for details.
6. Lots of changes to make the code more robust when used with
a user-defined IntType (again, thanks for much of this to Stephen
Once again, thanks to all who have contributed assistance and
tolerated my often simplistic questions.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk