From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-05 22:01:57

----- Original Message -----
From: "LORIEN DUNN" <l.dunn_at_[hidden]>

> Thanks Dave,
> The member functions are returning non-const references to classes which
are
> in container members of the owning class. I'm developing a realtime
> interactive music extension for python (for now Midi, and later audio).
The
> functions return things like a reference to a class representing a Midi
out
> port.

Ha! I worked for MOTU (www.motu.com) for 11 years. In retrospect, I wish I'd
had Python for some of the work.

> I don't think I need your reference counting code as yet, because these
> objects aren't very dynamic.

Well, I think your case is a perfect application for the proposed idea, but
if you want to live dangerously, I can't stop you ;-)

> I would have had a HELL of a time wrapping my code with swig, so thanks
VERY
> much.

You're sincerely welcome! I think SIP might have been easier than SWIG, but
there's the problem of finding some documentation...

-Dave