From: Phlip (pplumlee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-07 15:18:48

Proclaimed Jens Maurer from the mountaintops:
> pplumlee_at_[hidden] wrote:
> > The error messages start with demands for files like "classes.d".
> > There are no .d files in here. Is the install ZIP complete?
>
> Yes, it is. The "missing" files are dependency files which are
> generated automatically by gcc. If your "make" cannot cope with these
> files missing, put a comment sign "#" in front of the offending line 52
> of gcc.mak.

End of crisis (for me, at least). After croaking the line you recommended
all I had to do was

        tr -d '\r'

out a billion carriage returns. Technically these are ASCII blanks and no
tool should complain, but gcc can't bear the sight of them after a line
continuation marker: \

Long term someone should add an INSTALL file, but I'm past it now,
thanks.

--
  Phlip                          phlip_cpp_at_[hidden]
============ http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PhlIp ============