From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-02-08 13:15:08

--- In boost_at_y..., Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_a...> wrote:
> In the past few weeks I've been contacted by two different book
editors for
> well-known publishing companies asking if there is any interest
doing a
> book on Boost.

What exactly were they interested in? Having someone supply them
with a book or gaining the rights to publish a book?

> How do we response to this type of request? My guess is it will be
> happening more often as Boost becomes better known.

If they're soliciting for someone to write a book, I guess anyone
here can volunteer to write such a book on their own, or several
people could collaborate. If they have an author and are just
looking for permission, well, I'm not a lawyer so I don't know, but
I'd suspect that they've got a legal right to do so with or with out
permission. Asking the authors would just be a formality and would
be a nice gesture. I'd expect none here would object.

> In a phone conversation with Dave Abrahams, he suggested that
different
> people might contribute chapters. I suppose someone would have to
> coordinate.
>
> Any Boost members are interested in taking on such a project,
either alone
> or as a group effort?

If and when I have an accepted contribution I'd be quite willing to
help contribute to such a group effort.

Bill Kempf