From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-09 08:19:56

In message <4.3.2.7.2.20010208123010.01b2e400_at_[hidden]>, Beman
Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes
>In the past few weeks I've been contacted by two different book editors for
>well-known publishing companies asking if there is any interest doing a
>book on Boost.
>
>How do we response to this type of request? My guess is it will be
>happening more often as Boost becomes better known.
>
>In a phone conversation with Dave Abrahams, he suggested that different
>people might contribute chapters. I suppose someone would have to
>coordinate.
>
>Any Boost members are interested in taking on such a project, either alone
>or as a group effort?

I would be happy to contribute time and effort on the couple of things I
have in the library, as well as any review effort.

I think it needs a group effort, but in my experience with publishers it
probably works best if there is the notion of 1..3 'author/editors' to
coordinate, ensuring consistency and providing vision, plus contributors
who are more focused on content.

One question I have is exactly what type of creature the book would be:
Accelerated Boost, Essential Boost, Effective Boost, Boost: An
Introduction and Reference, or Boost: A Reference. This would affect
positioning, content, team structure, etc.

Kevlin

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  Curbralan Limited mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  mailto:kevlin_at_[hidden] fax: +44 870 052 2289
  http://www.curbralan.com