From: Bjarne Stroustrup (bs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-12 22:47:38

andrewalex_at_[hidden] writes:

> I fully agree, and I hope not to be seen as someone who stole a
> valuable achievement of someone else, be that entity the C++
> community itself, and presented it as his achievement.

Not at all. I don't think anyone was thinking that. My message was more of a
general encouragement to be vigilant about making acknowledgement and giving goo
references and avoid parochialism than about any particular paper. My hope is
that boost.org will become very well known, and if/when that happens, people
from many communities will take notice of what's said, and some will be very
angry if they feel that previous work in their community is ignored or slighted.

        - Bjarne
Bjarne Stroustrup, http://www.research.att.com/~bs