From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-17 06:52:02

>Luckily there is the makefile lib/gcc-shared.mak which can make a shared
>library. Unfortunately it doesn't have CXXFLAGS! So, I would propose
>to either fix the configure script to create a makefile that has support
>for compiling a shared library, or add CXXFLAGS support to lib/gcc.mak
>and lib/gcc-shared.mak

Thanks for pointing that out: do you have a sample "typical" makefile that
corresponds to the format you require? (Humour me I'm mostly a win32
programmer...).

One comment: the gcc_shared.mak is currently rather experimental, in
particular I have problems with exceptions being thrown from the library
never getting caught by an executable, not even by a catch(...) clause -
abort gets called instead. Any gcc experts out there seen this before?

>If anybody is interested in the boost.spec file I created to build the
>RPM, I can send it to the mailing list.

That would seem to be a good idea - actually should it belong in the cvs
repository, thoughts anyone?

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/