From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-18 22:41:20

Would it be possible to create our cross-platform tools in such a way that
still makes it easy to create RPMs etc. for boost?

Though boost users are a major target audience for boost build/install
tools, perhaps the more important target is system administrators, linux
distribution companies, etc... these are the people in charge of
installing software. If we make it easy for these people to install boost,
then users won't even have to install boost, it will already be there!

Sure, many boost users install boost on their machine at home at are quite
happy, but what about someone trying to convince their sys admin at work
or at school to install boost?

Cheers,
Jeremy