From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-02-28 14:48:00

--- In boost_at_y..., Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_a...> wrote:

> >test_tools.htm: I like the CRITICAL part suggested in another
mail
> >instead of the _ASSERT suffix. I think the _CRITICAL suffix is
more
> >logical than putting it in between somewhere.
>
> Agreed. I've cut the macro names down to:
>
> BOOST_TEST(exp)
> BOOST_TEST_CRITICAL(exp)
> BOOST_TEST_ERROR(msg)
> BOOST_TEST_ERROR_CRITICAL(msg)
>
> BOOST_TEST seems to me to be as meaningful as BOOST_TEST_VERIFY,
yet is a
> bit shorter, which is important for this most heavily used macro.
>
> BOOST_TEST_ERROR seemed to relate better to the error reported than
> BOOST_TEST_FAILURE.
>
> If anyone has a serious objection to these names, please let me
know before
> the release.

I like these names, though I'd suggest renaming
BOOST_TEST_ERROR_CRITICAL to BOOST_TEST_CRITICAL_ERROR. No reason
other than it makes all of the names read more like proper english.
Either form is better than what was suggested before, however, so
make your best judgement and stick with it.

Bill Kempf