From: Kevin Marty (kmarty_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-21 19:36:02

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <abrahams_at_m...> wrote:

> BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE_INIT is a macro which is specially-designed for
building
> DLLs/shared objects. Its definition is:
>
> #define BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE_INIT(name) extern "C" __declspec
(dllexport)
> void init##name()
>
> So it just ends up defining a void function called init<module-name>
(). You
> probably don't want to use it because of the dllexport stuff, but
some
> similar function definition makes sense. Now you just have to
figure out how
> to get Python to load a statically-linked module by executing your
module
> initialization function.

I've been working on embedding Python in an application of mine for
the last few days, and I can confirm that Boost works fine. I just
defined my own initModule() function instead of using
BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE_INIT to get around the __declspec(dllexport)
issue, and then called my initModule() right after Py_Initialize()
from my main program. Then, start the script off with "import
modulename" and it just works.

Thanks for the great library,
Kevin