From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-03-22 10:42:05

--- In boost_at_y..., williamkempf_at_h... wrote:
> --- In boost_at_y..., <boost_at_y...> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,

> > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the boost
> > group.
> >
> > File : /threads/threads.zip
> > Uploaded by : williamkempf_at_h...
> > Description : Boost.Threads draft library submission
> >
> > You can access this file at the URL

> > To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit

This file has once again been updated. The latest changes include:

* Fixed the pthreads implementation. Tests and examples no longer
deadlock. The implementation is now close to optimal (there's
another optimization proposed by Alexander that I will evaluate at a
later date). In the end, this one was a major brain fart on behalf
of myself.
* Added a document page, config.html, documenting the various
configuration macros that may be added to <boost/config.hpp> for
various implementations of Boost.Threads.
* Took another stab at error handling. At this point I don't know if
I've "done the right thing here" and would appreciate specific
comments on the code.
* Optimized the implementation of boost::condition for Win32
implementations.

At this point I think the library fully qualifies as a "proof of
concept" and is quite usable. The only suggestion left to
contemplate at this time is the addition of a lock traits concept.

Bill Kempf