From: Phlip (pplumlee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-23 19:10:15

Proclaimed David Abrahams from the mountaintops:

> > I spawned a thread asking this question many moons ago. The OP is
> > advised to Google for my distinctive street name
>
> Street Name? Is this some internet lingo to which I'm unprivy?

Uh, no, it's street lingo. My crew calls me "Phlip". This makes my threads
really easy to Google for, compared to, say, "Dave".

> > and auto_ptr and shared_ptr to
> > learn the tricks and traps here. I recall that the 'build_class<>' or
> > whatever template must appear above a function like this or else
> > 'to_python' won't find enough traits to go on.
>
> Philip has the concepts right, but missed on some of the details. The
> issue is that class_builder<my_class> [1] must be used before you call
> def(function) [2]:

Ah, but (IIRC) we tried to call...

   return to_python(smart_pointer);

...so we needed the class_builder<> above that.

--
  Phlip                          phlip_cpp_at_[hidden]
============== http://phlip.webjump.com ==============