From: Michael D. Crawford (crawford_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-23 23:26:28

Is the boost list message archive publicly visible on Yahoo somehow?

I've never looked at the archive as I read the list in my regular email. But
I wanted to ask someone to read the message I recently posted about bitmap
iterators and I thought that rather than forwarding him the message I might
give him the URL to where it's posted on Yahoo so he could lurk in any
followup discussion.

But when I went to look at our homepage on yahoo, I saw that one needs to have
a yahoo id to look inside the list. I don't _want_ to have a yahoo ID. I
find yahoo really annoying and don't use any of its services that require
signing up for a Yahoo account.

I stay on boost because I think boost is a really valuable list, but for
example it bugs the heck out of me that Yahoo took over webring.org and now I
have to go get a Yahoo ID to manage a webring membership I'm in.

I can solve my particular problem by forwarding my mail directly, but I think
it would be useful if there were a public archive somewhere that one didn't
have to have a password to so we could forward URLs to interested parties or
link to individual messages from personal web pages.

Regards,

Mike

--
Michael D. Crawford