From: Doug Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-26 00:24:49

On Sunday 25 March 2001 10:49, you wrote:
> Too bad we can't overload operator,() for integers. There is no way we can
> write A[1,2,3]. Though, we may be able to get something close to it...

A generic name like "at" or "index" would suffice, i.e.,
A[index(1), index(2), index(3)]

Yet another alternative would be to use this relational operator syntax along
with the previously-proposed idea of multiple function call operators, except
use the subscript operator, i.e.,

A[1][0 <= stride(2) < 10][5]

This won't require any extra syntax and will work for anything. It also
mimics the usual way in which multiple dimensions are indexed.

        Doug