From: boost_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-03-26 10:55:56

--- In boost_at_y..., Gabriel Dos Reis <Gabriel.Dos-Reis_at_c...> wrote:
> "David Abrahams" <abrahams_at_m...> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> | > Yet, even if the index convention problem is fixed, we still
need
> | > to solve the row-major/column-major problem ...
> |
> | What problem is that? I thought row-major/column-major was just a
> | distinction describing underlying storage format, and thus an
implementation
> | detail.
>
> Yes and No. It also affects how algorithms are written and at some
> extent, their efficiency.
>
> -- Gaby

Salut,

actually one should provide both storage formats.
Art least I'm confronted with (dense, rather large) matrix
multiplications of the form A_i * B_i, where A_i always appear on
the left, and B_i appears on the right.
So using different storage layouts, I can increase performance
since no strides appear.

Best wishes,
Peter

I can improve