From: Gary Powell (Gary.Powell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-27 12:34:08

As I see it, for VTL, I don't want just value semantics for
transform_iterators. Depending on the function I may want a reference
returned. (The issue isn't just increment and decrement.)

As an example I have used a transform_view to make a container of player
data return only a field in the data, then using the iterator, modified the
contents of that one field. A reference not a copy is required in this case.
(Oh all right, I could return a copy of a pointer to the data, but it seems
dumb.)

If you don't want to support this, I understand but it may mean we diverage
the code for a while, and that seems a shame.

  I'll go check out your proposal...

  -gary-