From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-31 19:32:07

This has come up several times. There is a limitation in Boost.Python which
makes trying to do what you want dangerous at best. I posted a proposed
solution at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/message/10144, but given the
deafening silence I got as a response, I just keep directing people at the
section titled "If you can't (afford to) copy the referent, or the pointer
is non-const" on this page:
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/pointers.html.

I would happily make the proposed change to Boost.Python, but would like to
hear /something/ from users before undertaking any redesign.

-Dave

P.S. we don't say "BPL" anymore... we at boost are afraid of running out of
acronyms ;-).