From: John (EBo) David (ebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-02 15:42:34

> > So... I set out and created a reusable parser that is configurable to
> > accept various "traditional" styles, both Unix and Windows/DOS with
> > several variants on both, and that allows you to interpret the
> > options/switches in accordance with it's locality on the command line.
> >
> > This isn't your typical Boost library, but I was wondering if there
> > would be interest any way?

Always interested. I think it would be great to have a truly
multi-platform

> ... I believe that there is some relevant
> prior art on the topic that we might want to study / get ideas from. For
> what it's worth, here is a link to one of such sources - Brad Appleton's
> "Options" library -
> http://www.enteract.com/~bradapp/ftp/src/libs/C++/Options.html.

Another you might want to look at is an interface building tool (called
craftsman) for the CASE tool Khoros (by KRI http://www.khoral.com).
Their UI specification auto-generates not only the command line
interface, but two different styles of GUI's (one being a standard
window and the other a Glyph which is used in the graphical programming
language cantata). If interested I'll see if I can find some examples
of the interface spec., etc.

hmmm... just got me to thinking. Maybe I should not send it out. Some
might consider it reverse engineering... Well, if appropriate email me
and I'll dig through my archives and see if I can dig up up something
appropriate...

 EBo --