From: md656 (md656_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-01 15:11:01

> I am looking for some collaboration - to work on some C++ projects.
> Can some one please invite me to work along and share ideas. I am
> looking for a C++ mentor so that I can interact with the language. Any
> Ideas on how I ought to go about in getting this kind of guidance?

You have a number of options:
1. From the Internet: discussion groups (from yahoogroups there are many
just search for words like "cpp", "c-prog", etc), newsgroups, teaching
sites.

2. Books. There are many on the market. I suggest you buy "The Accelerated
C++" by A. Koenig. Then use The C++ programming Language by B. Stroustrup or
C++ Primer by S. Lippman. These books, IMO, must be in each C++ programmer
desk. Try to get C++ How to Program by Deitel & Deitel.

3. Subscribe to magazine like C/C++ journal. www.cuj.com

4. Code as you could. Study the error messages and you will soon get your
C++ knowledge.

BTW, do you have any info on OO programming? It is essential to understand
OOP to master C++.

Mohammed