From: darylew_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-03-03 01:59:24

[Excuse any formatting problems, this is the first time I'm posting
through Yahoo's web interface instead of my e-mail client.]

--- In boost_at_y..., Joel Young <jdy_at_c...> wrote:

> If you look at most standard CRC polynomials you will notice
> that $x+1$ is a factor. $x+1$ gives sensitivity to odd-count bit
> errors so it is almost invariably a factor in real CRCs.

I just put up the latest version (4) in the vault. This should be
the one up for review, barring major errors. I added a test for
your (x + 1) CRC on my standard data. I computed the CRC
by hand to get the expected answer of 1 as a check.

[SNIP example CRC usage]

> Leon-Garcia, Widjaja: Communication Networks has an
> approachable discussion.

Where is this at? Is it an Internet site or a book?

[SNIP previous replies]

Daryle