From: pinkfloydhomer_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-03-06 03:51:01

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <abrahams_at_m...> wrote:
> I ran into exactly this problem in my previous job. A colleague
blamed me
> and the "stupid C++ committee" for not having standardized the
ability to
> look for an incoming keypress! If you have a portable
implementation, please
> do submit it.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

I don't have a portable solution, which is exactly my problem, and
exactly the reason that there _is_ a standard library. Show my a
portable way to print something to stdout without using the standard
library. Or a portable way to use files without using the standard
library. It can't be done. I'm talking about something that is so
common in many systems (not only simple keypresses, it doesn't have to
be that specific), that it should be in the standard library IMO.
Since I can't get it into the standard library, I'm asking here if it
would be suitable for boost.