From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-10 07:18:18

At 02:04 PM 3/9/2001 -0800, Michael VanLoon wrote:

> ... I had several
>standards-compliance issues fixed in the early days of the 5.0 compiler
by
>submitting bug reports (well I don't know that they fixed them because of
>ME, but I do know that several of the bugs, as reported, were fixed in a
>patch).

If software vendors sent a "thank you" note to users who accurately report
bugs, it would improve the feelings users have toward their vendors.

I think the Boost maintainers are usually pretty good about thanking users
for sending in bug reports, but it is something we need to remind ourselves
of from time to time.

--Beman