From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-12 08:17:29

Lois Goldthwaite wrote on 3/12/01 6:02 AM
>Me three. I can't prove it's related, but I've seen a noticeable
>increase in
>spam mail since the switch over to Yahoo. Quite a lot of it is
>adult-oriented.I definitely opted out of ad mail at Yahoo, and I haven't
>been posting to newsgroups, or registering myself anywhere else. Has
>anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

My spam summary for the past year:

 3/00 : 2
 4/00 : 0
 5/00 : 0
 6/00 : 0
 7/00 : 0
 8/00 : 0
 9/00 : 6
10/00 : 8
11/00 : 8
12/00 : 14
 1/01 : 33
 2/01 : 19

This is all pornography, get rich quick schemes, buy my XXX, and U.S.
political parties. Not counted in here are announcements from businesses
I've done business with or other parties who have singled me out for
reasons other than the fact that I have an email address.

-Howard