From: Doug Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-12 23:56:02

On Monday 12 March 2001 10:02, you wrote:
[snip]
> > > Maybe we should explore this instead:
> >
> > Looks like it has potential. Has anyone used it?
>
> What I don't like about it is that it requires the use of GCC. What
> we really need is a standalone utility that does this. Said utility
> needs to be highly portable, much like GCC itself, but should not be
> as complex or large as the full blown GCC compiler set.

Taking only the GCC C and C++ compilers isn't overly large or complex. We
have to remember that parsing C++ is hard - so hard that it seems that
nobody has it quite right yet - so writing a small standalone utility to do
this is probably impossible unless there is another good freely available C++
parser to use.

If Boost had its own C++ parser it would be an entirely different story :)

        Doug