From: Toon Knapen (toon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-13 09:12:41

Jerome Lecomte wrote:

> > - efficiency
> That's where I don't quiet follow. Isn't the best way to achieve Fortran
> speed, to call Fortran ??? I don't see the point in pushing further the
> expression template trend ... This is a nice concept, and something to
> develop for the future (when compilers better support export keyword) but
> right now, I would support something along the line of lapack++ (commercial
> by RogueWave) where the C++ is actually just an interface to Fortran code.

Boost is targeted at being portable and thus not dependable on other
libraries. I think the library should thus be self-contained.
However, I also would prefer to be able to configure the library such
that internally BLAS is used. This way we combine the convenience of C++
without wasting all the effort already done on optimising BLAS.

toon