From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-13 13:23:35

on 3/12/01 8:29 AM, scleary_at_[hidden] at scleary_at_[hidden] wrote:

>> 1. The file "/boost/pool/simple_segregated_storage_fwd.h" is probably
>> supposed to end in a "*.hpp", but the name is too long.
>
> What platform are you running on? What's the length limits for your
> platform?

I'm running on the Mac OS (version 9.0.4). The length limit is 31
characters. There is no separate extension field so the ".hpp" will take up
4 characters, leaving 27 characters for the main part of the name.

>> Is there another
>> file in the package that needs this forwarding file? (The file has a
>> declaration of a single class template.)
>
> Yes; just about all the pool headers depend (indirectly) on this file. If
> you need a quick fix, just cut & paste that file into the beginning of
> simple_segregated_storage.hpp -- that's the only file that includes it
> directly.

I'm not using the file; I just look at every Boost release for these kinds
of problems. I noticed that there were several short *fwd headers in that
directory, one for each regular header. Maybe you could compact that into a
single *fwd header. The standard C++ I/O system does this, using one
forwarding file, <iosfwd>, for (around) a dozen regular headers.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie