From: Kevin S. Van Horn (kevin_vanhorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-15 12:54:32

I just installed gcc 2.95.2 with libstdc++ 2.90.8, and I've run into a
catch-22 with the use of std::. When compiling my programs, if I *don't*
use -fhonor-std, then I get lots of link errors complaining about
undefined references to cout, etc. If I *do* compile with -fhonor-std,
then I get errors with the Boost libraries I'm using
because those libraries correctly use std::ptrdiff_t, and libstdc++
erroneously puts ptrdiff_t into the global namespace.

So... any ideas on how to work around this problem?