From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-15 15:39:51

From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
[several excellent points]

I have to agree with all these comments, but question whether we
should accept the library just yet. We are normally very obliging
and generally accept libraries, but I wonder if we should be a
little tougher.

IMHO changing the names of the classes, changing their interfaces,
moving one into a detail namespace, providing new typedefs,and
adding much more comprehensive test coverage combine to make this
quite different library than that submitted, and I think we should
review the result to ensure that we are happy with the test coverage,
for example.

I hate to be a party pooper, but perhaps, "We think you are on the
right track so please correct these deficiencies and resubmit" would
be a more appropriate response than "accept subject to...".

Mark