From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-16 09:03:08

I've uploaded a post-review version (6) of "crc.zip" in our Yahoo Groups
files section. The classes have been renamed. There is a CRC-computing
function. The support functions have been moved to detail classes. The
classes' interfaces have been changed to regular member functions. (The
optimized CRC class template still has some operators, to allow function
object use.) There are constants for all the template parameters. There
are inspector member functions for getting the CRC parameters at runtime.

There is a new member function for getting the raw interim remainder. If a
data stream is interrupted, then a new CRC object can be made later to check
the remainder of the stream. Just substitute the last interim remainder for
the original initial remainder in the constructor. The optimized CRC class
template has a new constructor option to support this.

The test file has been changed to check every function and constant.

Not all the stuff suggested, like predefined types or bulk testing, has been
added. I wanted to get something out with the main changes as soon as it
was ready.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie