From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-16 11:32:59

At 05:06 AM 3/16/2001, flameframe_at_[hidden] wrote:

>Dear boost :-),
>
>could you, please, leave your wonderful library available via http?
>>From some locations ftp is not available.

Oops! We didn't think of that.

My initial reaction is to continue with the ftp approach, but also supply
the .zip and .tar.gz files on the http server. I'll have to think about
that a bit, and maybe talk it over with the other moderators.

[While at first glance such things seem like no-brainers, there are several
issues. We have a bandwidth cap on our current web host. The automated
file uploads (regardless of whether I use ftp or scp, and whether they are
going to SourceForge or the commercial host site) seem to fail a lot. Big
pain in the you-know-where. I do an automated download of the SourceForge
backup every morning, and that never fails. Use a Python script....
Hum...]

>A thankful user.

You are welcome! And thanks for the problem report.

--Beman