From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-03-17 09:43:16

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <abrahams_at_m...> wrote:
> Your arguments are good ones. All I want to hear from you to be
satisfied is
> that you've analyzed the threading domain carefully enough to know
that the
> arguments apply there (and it sounds like you have).

I have, but that doesn't mean 100% that I'm right, especially with
exotic threading libraries. So discussion on this may still be
appropriate.

If we start out, however, with a generic exception type (possibly
with error strings translated from native error codes) it should not
break existing code if we find we must expose the native error code
on this exception later. So I still think this is the direction we
should go.

Thanks,
Bill Kempf