From: Craig Henderson (chenderson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-17 12:42:57

I am very interested in the new Boost.Threads library and have downloaded the zip to experiment. I cannot compile the test program 'thread_test.cpp' or example 'monitor.cpp' in either MSVC5.0 or gcc 2.95.2 with mingw32.

MSVC5.0 fails with
threads\boost\xlock.hpp(61) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
I have turned off the usual Enable Minimal Rebuild and related options and am compiling with a minimum set of options now.

The config.hpp does not define BOOST_HAS_THREADS for gcc, so I tried compiling with gcc -DBOOST_HAS_THREADS but with no joy.
(As an aside, I am new to gcc and cannot get the error output to go anywhere other than the console. This console scrolls too fast and I cannot read the errors !! Any help would be appreciated.)

Can anybody supply a gcc makefile or MSVC project/make file to give me a starting point please ?

Cheers
Craig Henderson
chenderson_at_[hidden]