From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-17 13:22:00

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Phlip wrote:
ppluml> Thanks. Now the status of the Matroid project preparations:
ppluml>
ppluml> I have pestered news:sci.math with a number of Matroid
ppluml> questions. These (eventually) resolve them close enough
ppluml> for normal people to implement them.
ppluml>
ppluml> They would best be implemented as a matrix.
ppluml>
ppluml> They can hold graphic info, and they can be drawn as a
ppluml> graph, but these are delegation relationships, not
ppluml> inheritance.
ppluml>
ppluml> We will keep this list informed (probably via questions
ppluml> ;-) if we go with the Boost matrices.

There's a very close relationship between matrices and graphs... so much
so that whatever interface boost settles on for matrices will probably
have an almost 1-1 correspondance with the BGL interface... in the past
I've created graph adaptors for MTL matrices, and matrix adaptors for BGL
graphs. That way you can view the same data as either a graph or a matrix,
depending on the need of the moment.

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Univ. of Notre Dame work phone: (219) 631-3906