From: Gabriel Dos Reis (Gabriel.Dos-Reis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-17 14:40:18

Jeremy Siek <jsiek_at_[hidden]> writes:

[...]

| ... One of the issues
| that has been discussed already is what should the meaning of operator*
| be?

Ideally, it should not have any specific meaning.

| ... My answer is that it should have different meanings in different
| domains... for the linear algerba domain it should mean matrix
| multiplication, but for other domains it should mean something else.

For some domain (using stuff from LA, it means component-wise
multiplication).

[...]

| I'd challenge those interested in boost numerics libraries to come forward
| with concrete lists of problems and algorithms for a particular domain.

Personally, my interests vary depending on where and when I'm working
on numerics. Currently I'm mainly conerned with efficient matrix
decompositions -- I'll post a detailed list latter.

-- Gaby