From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-17 21:26:22

> > Just as a point of reference, I don't think there are any
> > C++ standard library implementations that take the assert
> > approach.
>
> STLport in debug mode. I think you can configure it to throw exceptions,
> too, but I'm not sure. Assertions are the default.
>
> -Dave

Right, it is user configurable, which I guess is what you were suggesting
for boost.threads?

From the STLPort _site_config.h file:
/*
 * Uncomment this to force all failed assertions to be executed through
 * user-defined global function:
 * void __stl_debug_terminate(void). This allows
 * you to take control of assertion behaviour for debugging purposes.
 * Default routine throws unique exception if __STL_USE_EXCEPTIONS is set,
 * calls abort() otherwise.
 * Note : If you set this macro, you must supply __stl_debug_terminate
 * function definition somewhere.
 */

There are some other options for debugging as well. You can read all
about it below at

http://www.stlport.org/doc/configure.html

I would be an advocate of this type of approach for boost.threads.

Jeff