From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-18 07:01:52

>Just browsing composite_traits.hpp and is_enum. My compiler (Metrowerks)
>doesn't support is_convertible (at least I don't think it will, haven't
>actually tried). But I was wondering if the following class might
>mistakenly be classified as an enum?

No that would require two user-defined conversions and that's not allowed
(assuming is_convertibel is working on your compiler). With CW I think
that is_convertible always evaluates to false - is that right - if so then
that's safe as well - although it will obviously miss real enum's. BTW the
case that you mention is tested for in the regression tests so it should
get picked up there's a problem.

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/