From: David Allan Finch (sarum_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-02 10:10:41

nbecker_at_[hidden] wrote:

> There are a number of good cross-platform guis. One is QT. Others
> include FLTK and wxWindows. This subject is discussed frequently on
> the python newsgroup.

This is know. I was working on a platform independed library before
some of these project even started (*1). Until 1997(ish) I would have
suggested that wxWindows was the only one that was as good as Sticky
but time has moved on. I have still yet to see an C++ API from any
other the others apart from the old Fresco/Interview project that
was in anyway a real C++ API.

*1 the first one I worked on was part of the Eureca(?) Software Factory
in 1989 (I think) and was writen using a IDL/inturpted language
called 'D'. This was a quite intresting idea but was doomed in the
way these large govemental reseach projects normally are :-(