From: tom-list_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-02 11:41:00

--- In boost_at_y..., David Allan Finch <sarum_at_v...> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was at the ACCU Spring Confrence last week and there was
> discussion about what sort of additional libraries there might
> be. One of the ones mentioned was a 'medium' complexity
> GUI library. Leaving a side what does that mean for a moment.
> I was working on such a library 2 years ago and we came to
> a stop when the company I work for moved over to java.
> If there is any intrest in this I can make avaiable this code
> for review, to help anyone that wishes to work on such
> a project. But note currently it would be difficult for me to
> 'boostify' this library. Additionally when we started this
> project (6 years ago) the STL was infancy and we implemented
> our own template collections, but it would not be that difficult to
> change them.
>
> Anyway is there any intrest?

You should take a look at wxWindows (wxWindows.org).

I departed the MFC world looking for something cross-platform and
found wxWindows. I've very mature and much better designed then MFC.

The only problem is that it is written in the "Netscape" version of
cross-platform C++ - ie. only features supported by all C++
compilers. But I don't think this is still necessary, as it isn't
used on any really obscure platforms (OS/2 is probably as obscure as
it gets - does OS/2 have an adequate C++ compiler?).

Tom.