From: Karl Bellve (Karl.Bellve_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-03 09:06:14

I am trying to capture STDIO/STDERR of python that has been linked into
my application.

static struct _object *s_stdout(PyObject *self, PyObject *args)
{
        char *string;

        if (!PyArg_ParseTuple(args, "s", &string))
                return Py_None;

        // do something with the string

        return Py_None;
}

Inside Python (PyRun_SimpleString()), I redirect sys.stdout to the above
function. The function is being called but PyArg_ParseTuple() is failing
to find a "s" tuple. Poking inside "args", I do find pointer called
"tp_name" pointing to a string containing "string". This is under NT,
and MSVC.

BTW, BPL doesn't like me returning NULL but I understand that is fixed
in the current source in the CVS tree.

--
Cheers,
Karl Bellve