From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-03 12:46:41

At 12:16 PM 4/3/2001, David Abrahams wrote:

>Okay, I did the first part. Interested parties should take a look at
>https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=7586 and let me know what they
>think.
>I also added a boost-bugs mailing list at sourceforge, which will get a
>broadcast email each time a new bug is added. Library maintainers are
>/strongly/ encouraged to subscribe to boost-bugs at
>http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/boost-bugs so that you may
hear
>about reported bugs. I'd like to get some people hooked up to this system
>before we advertise it to the world at large.

Looks like a good start. Simple enough to kill if it doesn't work out.

>Sorry, I guess I don't understand how the form mailer could be useful in
>this context. The bug tracker is a web-based interface.

Some sites prefer to host the web-based interface entirely internally to
the site. But I don't see any need for Boost to do that. Linking to the
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=7586 page should work fine,
although it might be a good idea if someone behind a firewall tried it.

>> We can try it out just among Boost members, and then loose it on the
>public
>> if it seems to be effective.
>
>Sounds great.

I hope that Boost users will give this a serious try. It could be a nice
help both in tracking bugs, and reducing clutter on the main list.

--Beman