From: alan.rogers_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-03 13:18:28

I have written two generators conforming to the
UniformRandomNumberGenerator specification:

1. One using George Marsaglia's multiply-with-carry algorithm,
(provisionally called MWCRand).

2. One using the uni altorithm described in "Numerical Methods
and Software", by Kahaner and Moler and Nash (provisionally called
KMN89Rand).

If there is sufficient interest, I will be happy to contribute them
once they are polished up a little.

A question:

So far as I can see, all of the methods in random.hpp are defined
inline. I have initialization routines, however, that are pretty
large for an inline definition. I would prefer to put them in a .cpp
file that would have to be compiled and added to some library. Is
there a reason not to do this?

Alan Rogers